Tuesday, June 18, 2013

This Old Clock


The Chimer
This old house has a chiming clock;
It dongs and chimes and goes tick tock;
It greets me in the morning and sings at night;
And sometimes, gets the time almost right.
 
It makes me stop and listen when it chimes;
A chance to pause and think of good times;
For this old clock has seen many things;
Summers, falls, winters and springs.
 
It is a part of this home and a part of me;
We have lived together contentedly;
Happy, sad or in between;
A dear old friend this clock has been.
 
                                    Joanne Baker ©

My Grandmother Beever and I had the same chiming clock. Sometimes when we talked on the phone you could hear both clocks chiming at the same time.  It was a special connection that we had.    Now that she is gone from me every time I hear the clock chime I think of her.   In a way she is saying Good Morning, How was Your Day, Have a Good Time, Have a Good Sleep, I Will Talk to you Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment