Saturday, February 26, 2011

Better-for-You Peanut Butter Cookies


Lately, I have been looking for recipes that are healthy and that my kids will eat.   This one fits the criteria. (Actually, I might not have mentioned the healthy part to the boys). So easy and delicious.  You really should just double the recipe from the start.  My boys finished off the first one in about an hour!



Better-for-You Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar


Heat oven to 325 F.  Mix ingredients until well blended.  The dough is very soft so chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.  This makes it easier to work with.  Roll into 1-inch balls.  Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.  Flatten with fork.  Bake 15 minutes.  Do not overbake.  Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.  This is very important.  If you take them off the pan too soon they fall apart - guess how I know this!

I added chocolate chips but they would also be good with nuts, coconut, raisins, cranberies, skor bar etc.

My Grandmothers would have loved this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment