Saturday, June 26, 2010

51 Ways to a Man's Heart

Hilda Beever was my Grandmother.  She taught me many things, one of which was how to cook.  She was one of those cooks who didn't measure and everything turned out.  I have to measure.  Grandma was a kind generous woman who loved to spend time with her family.  When she cooked a dinner she made sure each of us had our favourite dish on the table.

One of this year's projects is to create a family cookbook.  Including all of Grandma's specialites.  Recently I received many of her cookbooks and they are great fun to go through. 

My favourite is one she used in the 40's when she got married.  It was called 51 Ways to a Man's Heart.  Dedicated to wives whose husbands appreciate good food and to all women who like to please their men.   Grandpa loved those recipes!   Maybe I should give them a try. 

In the mean time my goal is to have the family cookbook finished in time for Christmas and to sew aprons to go with it.  Thanks Grandma for the legacy of the importance of family dinners, good food and special memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment